A very popular cooking oil for us Indians is Sesame oil. I still remember walking with my grandmother with oil bottles in hand during my childhood. We would go to the nearest press to collect the oil that she would have ordered few days before. Those days this was how everyone got their supply of oils! Sesame oil can be not only used for cooking but also to moisturize skin, hair, etc. There are some special dishes/pickles where sesame oil usage is a must
Sesame oil is popular the world over especially in Asian countries like China, Japan, India etc, and in Middle Eastern countries
Let’s see what this oil is all about and some of its benefits
As with other products of Let’sLive, we work with farmers that are conscientious and use ecological & environmentally friendly methods of cultivation. Our sesame oil is extracted from seeds that are native to the region and are available locally. We use only Non GMO seeds that are cultivated without any chemicals or pesticides.
Let’sLive Sesame seeds are cold-pressed to extract the oil with a wooden press. The farmers make sure that the press and the oil don't heat up during extraction so as not to love the valuable nutrients in the oil. Our oil is known for its purity and freshness!
Sesame oil is very popular in Indian households. It is a versatile oil with several practical applications. Lets look at how it can be used
- It is one of the very popular cooking oils with a high smoke point. This means that it retains its molecular structure even at high temperatures
- It has fatty acids and antioxidants, including vitamin E and phytosterols, which help lower cholesterol. A good diet plan should always include foods rich in phytosterols
- Sesame oil is full of antioxidants. Along with Vitamin E and phytosterols it also contains lignans, sesamol, and sesaminol. These compounds help fight free radicals in your body, which may reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases.
- Sesame oil has a balanced ratio of omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids. Omega-3 and omega-6 are polyunsaturated, while omega-9 fatty acids are monounsaturated. Research shows that a diet containing these healthy fats lowers your risk of developing heart disease.
- Sesame oil may help regulate blood sugar levels. One study found that adults taking sesame oil had reduced fasting blood sugar (your blood sugar after a night of sleep) and hemoglobin A1c (your average blood sugar level over the past two to three months).
- The sesamin and vitamin E in sesame oil may benefit your hair. One study found that a supplement containing the two antioxidants improved hair strength and shine.
- Sesame oil has an amino acid called tyrosine. Tyrosine boosts serotonin, which can help fight feelings of stress and depression.
- Some research shows that the antioxidants in sesame oil may protect skin against UV damage. Sesame oil resists up to 30% of UV rays, while other oils only resist up to 20%.
- Sesame oil is used in traditional medicine as an anti-inflammatory. Traditional Taiwanese medicine has used it to treat joint pain, toothaches, cuts, scrapes, premenstrual cramps, and more.
With so many benefits and uses for Sesame oil, all that remains is to get it from Let’sLive! Don’t you agree ?? Why wait? Order your bottle of Sesame oil today!
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing in 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, exquisite cold pressed oils etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to the products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced back to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce