What are antioxidants and their benefits
Antioxidants are molecules that fight free radicals and prevent cell damage in your body. These antioxidants can be man made or natural available in natural unprocessed foods.
The anti-inflammatory properties of antioxidants are well established. Also, they might shield your body's cells from the harm that free radicals might do to them as a result of exposure to certain chemicals, smoking, pollution, radiation, and normal metabolism.
Selenium, vitamin A, and associated carotenoids, vitamins C and E, as well as different phytochemicals like lycopene, lutein, and quercetin, are all examples of antioxidants that can be found in a variety of foods. Continue reading to find out more about the advantages of antioxidants for health, foods that are high in them, and information on supplementation.
The first step in understanding antioxidants is understanding what they are, which are substances whose purpose is to counteract the negative effects of free radicals. But do you know what free radicals are? The process of turning food into energy results in the creation of free radicals. Free radicals can also enter your body through food, the air you breathe, and even your body's response to sunshine. Antioxidants are therefore necessary for human health. Antioxidants come in two varieties: exogenous (received from outside the body), primarily through food consumption, and endogenous (produced by the body).
Although the body is capable of producing its own antioxidants, it frequently uses antioxidants that come from external sources.
- Benefits of Antioxidants for Health:
- Antioxidants generally have the ability to stop, postpone, or restrict the oxidation process.
- Antioxidants are substances that prevent the free radical reactions that lead to cancer, cardiovascular disease, and aging in humans, according to the 2018 book Possible Antioxidants as Antidiabetics.
- Free radicals are unstable chemicals that can harm the body's cells and cause cancer. Antioxidants fight free radicals.
- Many antioxidants can improve immunity, reduce inflammation, and safeguard brain health, among other aspects of health.
- 23 Antioxidants have the potential to be anti-inflammatories, making them useful for lowering tissue damage, including inflammation following exercise.
- For organs like the heart, the same anti-inflammatory action can have beneficial consequences. Antioxidants, for instance, can help lower cholesterol levels, stabilize blood pressure, and lower the risk of atherosclerosis (artery hardening).
- Other health advantages of antioxidants include protection against cognitive decline, a decreased risk of type 2 diabetes, and a lower risk of eye illness.
- Given that oxidative stress is a consequence of aging, antioxidants are frequently regarded as anti-aging substances.
- They encourage the development of healthy cells
- They safeguard against early aging and deviation in cells
- They Boost your immune system.
- Nutritional Antioxidants:
- Antioxidants improve health and lessen the consequences of free radical damage so consume a lot of nutrient-dense meals, such as colorful fruits and vegetables, drinks, and herbs.
- Vitamins C, A/beta-carotene, selenium, and vitamin E can reduce oxidative stress and the cell damage caused by free radicals.
- These antioxidants can be found in a wide variety of foods, some of which you may already appreciate. Antioxidants are abundant in fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains while being less abundant in meats, poultry, and fish. Fast food that has been processed frequently lacks antioxidants.
- Antioxidant-rich foods may improve heart health, reduce the risk of infections, and even reduce the risk of some cancers.
That's a brief explanation of what antioxidants are, including their types, advantages, and effects on our bodies if there are too many of them.
We can also draw the conclusion that antioxidants are substances that help squelch free radicals and prevent oxidation.
All our products are all-natural and non-GMO. To try our products, order them here
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.
At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing in 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to the products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce
To know more about us read here