Let’sLive has always been in the forefront in working to bring the best products that are all natural and arrive at your doorstep in the best shape. As you know all our products are cultivated using traditional methods and do not have any chemicals or preservatives. This poses a quandary since the shelf life gets shortened
After conducting extensive studies on how to extend the shelf life of a product without adding any preservatives, we discovered vacuum packaging. Vacuum packing is chosen to prevent the formation of mold and provide our clients with high-quality products
Sucking out the air from the package removes the amount of oxygen in a package and tightly seals it. This also prevents and inhibits the growth of mold, bacteria or fungus. Special type of equipment is used to seal the bag after it has been filled with the product and the air has been drawn out
Vacuum Packaging Techniques: Different Methods
Vacuum packaging equipment is available in a variety of forms for various uses
- An airtight bag or container can be made airless by using a vacuum pump. Persons or machines can carry out this
- A device that simultaneously removes air from a room or container is known as an atmospheric machine
- A vacuum sealer removes air from food packaging on a one-by-one basis using heat and pressure
Vacuum Package Shelf Life
Foods that are vacuum packaged are fresh and of the highest quality to achieve the maximum shelf life. Temperature, ingredients, acidity, and pH levels all have an impact on shelf life.
Except for a few products that have a shorter shelf life, vacuum packaged foods usually have a shelf life of 1 to 2 years
Applications of Vacuum Packaging
It has many applications such as
- Maintaining food freshness
- Reducing food waste
- Providing an easy way to store items
- Preserves the quality of the product
Vacuum packing can be applied to many different types of products such as fruits, vegetables meat & grains.
Vacuum packs are usually made of plastic and can be used for anything that needs to be stored for long periods
Benefits of Vacuum Packaging
- No weight loss: In a vacuum-sealed bag, there is no moisture loss or evaporation. As a result, the weight you sell will be the weight you pack
- No Chemicals or Preservatives Needed: Chemical preservatives are not necessary with vacuum packaging. Products can last longer without the use of commonly used preservatives with the correct oxygen to inert gas ratio. The most popular inert gas for vacuum packaging is nitrogen, which makes up about 78% of the earth's atmosphere
- Increased shelf life: According to studies, vacuum packaging can increase product shelf life by 50% to 400%. Finding the ideal atmosphere inside the container for the food being packaged is the key to extending the shelf life of the product.
- Reduce feezer burn: Vacuum packaging can be used to package a lot of goods for long-term freezer storage. The correct vacuum bags can drastically reduce freezer burn. It is a widely used form of meat storage packaging.
- Seals flavor & freshness: A common method of curing meat before cooking is wet ageing. This frequently employs the meat's fluids along with vacuum-sealed spices and flavors. Vacuum packing is a very effective way to preserve flavors and freshness during the curing process.
- Quick and Efficient Packaging: Hundreds or thousands of products can be sealed effectively every hour with the right equipment and supplies
Vacuum packaging, as we can see, not only offers a hygienic way to package food, but also saves space. Therefore, choosing this packaging approach improved the effectiveness of our product. We are constantly working to better ourselves and vacuum packaging is one of our many solutions in bringing the best in class to you!
To try our products, order them here
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.
At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to the products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce
To know more about us read here