Cold-pressed sesame oil is extracted from the seeds of the sesamum indicum plant and it is known for its many health benefits. It is rich in Vitamin E, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, and iron. It also contains high amounts of antioxidants which make it a perfect choice for people who are looking for a healthy cooking oil.
Sesame oil is not used merely for cooking purposes but it is known for its medicinal properties. Many ancient civilizations have used Sesame oil to treat skin and hair problems. It is greatly beneficial to the skin, eyes, ears, nasal passages, hair, and digestive system
Treatment of common Issues
Sesame oil is full of antioxidants, rich in vitamin E and good fatty acids that are good for us. It is also anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. It can be used as follows:
- Oil bath: A process known as Abhyanga is recommended by Ayurveda. This process of massaging oil to the entire body will help cleanse the body of toxins, aids lymphatic drainage, and relieves muscle tension and joint pains. Sesame oil promotes body heat. This is extremely beneficial for those suffering from aches and pains, as well as slow metabolism
- Gently apply warm oil all over your body and into your hair. Make sure to rub it in deeply so the tissues absorb it. Have a bath after an hour. Make sure to do this process once a week. This helps in increased flexibility and strengthens bone and muscle tissues.
- Applying warm oil to hair and scalp prevents stress and tension in the head. It also prevents premature greying of hair
- Relieve Sinusitis: By applying a pinch of sesame oil in each nostril and inhaling deeply, can help relieve sinus pains and keeps the mucous membranes well lubricated. Some respiratory tract issues can also be alleviated with this process
- Oil pulling: This is an ancient practice used to keep your teeth and gums clean and clear of bacteria. The technique involves swirling and swishing a spoonful of Sesame oil in the mouth for about 10 mins and then spitting it out. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, your mouth will be cleared of all harmful bacteria. This remedy also heals cavities, removes stains, and alleviates gingivitis & bad breath. It also removes toxins from the body and promotes healing.
- Relieves joint pains: Since Sesame oil can be absorbed quickly into the skin, massaging warm oil onto aching muscles will bring a lot of relief. It stimulates blood circulation and its antioxidants will seep into the tissues underneath and rejuvenates them
- Natural skin Moisturizer: Sesame oil is a wonderful moisturizer and regular application of the oil helps keep the skin hydrated and protects from harmful UV rays
- Prevents dandruff: With its anti-microbial properties this oil is good for preventing dandruff
- Treat burns & wounds: Applying on burns and wounds will help relieve the pain and also heals them quickly
- Cure constipation: High fiber content in Sesame oil can help in curing constipation.
Cold Pressed Let’sLive Sesame Oil:
Golden brown in color with a unique taste and a wonderful aroma, Let’sLive Sesame oil has versatile uses. This is one of the few oils that can both be consumed with food and applied topically on our skin. Sesame oil has a high smoke point so it holds on to its molecular structure even at high temperatures. This enables the oil to be used for all kinds of cooking needs from baking, frying, sauteing & salads etc. High in Vitamin E, it can also be used as a moisturizer to get glowing skin and hair. This is one of the few oils out there which is heart healthy and can help you prevent chronic diseases. Beyond all these benefits Sesame oil tastes exquisite with your food! Do try it out today!
Order your bottle of Lets’Live Sesame oil here!
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.
At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to the products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce
To know more about us read here