Eating your favourite food can be a delight to your taste buds. But consuming too much of your favourite food can sometimes lead to indigestion.
Pain or burning sensation in the upper stomach, uncomfortable abdominal fullness after eating are some of the symptoms of indigestion.
Indigestion isn’t a disease, but rather a symptom of other gastrointestinal problems. Some of the common symptoms of indigestion or upset stomach
- Heart burn or acid reflux
- Bad-smelling or sour breadth
- Hicupping or coughing.
Instead of popping pills for indigestion, it is advisable to use home remedies. Let us now look at some of the common home remedies.
- Drinking water: The body needs water to efficiently digest and absorb nutrients from foods and beverages. Being dehydrated makes digestion more difficult and less effective, which increases the likelihood of an upset stomach.
Additionally, drinking water may help reduce heartburn.
Around 20 percent of this will come from food, with the rest coming from beverages. For most people, a good figure to aim for is approximately 8 or more cups of water a day. Younger children require slightly less water than adults
For those with digestive issues, it is imperative to stay hydrated. Vomiting and diarrhoea can quickly lead to dehydration, so people with these symptoms should keep drinking water.
- Avoid lying down immediately after eating:
- Consuming Ginger
- Avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol
- Lime, Lemon juice, baking soda and water
- Fennel Seeds
Put 1/2 teaspoon of crushed fennel seed in water and allow it to boil for 10 minutes before drinking. Drink fennel tea whenever you experience indigestion. Another option is to chew fennel seed after meals if certain foods cause indigestion.
Now let us look at some of the easy ways to prevent indigestion and stomach pain
- eating less fatty or processed foods
- identifying food intolerances and allergies
- drinking more water
- reducing stress
- partaking in regular exercise
However, if a person has stomach pain that does not resolve itself or pain that interferes with their quality of life, they should contact a doctor for testing and treatment.
Eating natural grown organic foods are very important to keep your body healthy free of diseases. You can now safely buy products which are naturally farmed and non-gmo. All the products undergo thorough tests for any chemicals or harmful pesticides, so you can be rest assured that your purchase is safe and ORGANIC
To try our products, order them here!
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.
At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing in 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to the products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce
To know more about us read here