Healthy Eating Tips For Women With PCOS
Women's hormonal and reproductive systems are affected by an illness known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Usually, this is caused when the body experiences a hormonal imbalance. PCOS causes several problems for women, including infertility, irregular periods, excessive body hair, acne, miscarriage, Type 2 diabetes, and depression. Your health is significantly influenced by your way of life and diet.
In this article, we discuss how diet and lifestyle changes help prevent/reduce PCOS symptoms
Why Millets for PCOS?
Millets are a fantastic source of fiber, vitamins, proteins, antioxidants, and minerals like magnesium, iron, copper, and zinc. You can directly affect the production of hormones through the nutrients you consume.
Not just what you eat, but also when you eat, matters
Eat breakfast: A good breakfast helps speed up your metabolism.
Small portions: Small meals throughout the day will keep you feeling energized.
Early Dinners: Consider eating dinner early and going without food for 14–16 hours until the next morning. According to studies, eating only during your peak periods of activity and allowing your digestive system a lengthy pause each day may help you maintain a healthy weight.
Benefits of Millets for PCOS Women:
- Low GI: The glycemic index of millets is low. You should eat low glycemic index foods because they don't cause sharp insulin spikes, which lessens PCOS symptoms, keeps blood sugar levels stable, and prevents cardiac illnesses.
- All Natural food: Millets are very hardy and don’t require chemicals or pesticides for them to grow. They are a completely natural source of nutrition and are free of any artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
- Rich in Proteins & Complex carbs: Insulin resistance is a significant contributor to PCOS. The likelihood of developing insulin resistance is decreased if protein and carbohydrates are balanced. Protein and complex carbs are abundant in millets.
- An abundance of Dietary fiber: Dietary Fiber aids in the digestion of sugar, lowering insulin spikes as a result. This is one of PCOS's symptoms. Because PCOS patients have irregular metabolisms, fiber also aids in the metabolism of estrogen. Additionally, fiber aids in healthy digestion.
- Weight loss: According to medical professionals, the primary line of treatment for PCOS is weight loss. A healthy weight decreases insulin resistance and hormonal imbalance. Millets are helpful for weight loss because they contain fewer calories tha other grains.
- Rich in Iron: Severe bleeding during periods brought on by PCOD might result in blood loss and iron deficiency. Minerals including iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and potassium are abundant in millets.
- Reduces Acne: Another symptom of PCOS, acne, is similarly lessened by millets.
Types of Millets to be Included:
Your body's unbalanced hormones are balanced by regular consumption of millets. While there are many different millets, Ragi, Jowar, and Bajra are the most helpful for PCOS. All of these millet grains are gluten-free and regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels. They are all abundant in iron, calcium, protein, and amino acids and so can regulate PCOS. Nutrition may help you with up to 75% of your health issues, and millet is one of those magical foods that can address your PCOS issue.
Foods to be Avoided:
People with PCOS should avoid eating things that are generally considered unhealthy. Junk/unhealthy foods are zero nutrition and can lead to weight gain and other health problems. Limit your intake of foods heavy in sugar, refined flour, and fat, such as:
- Refined carbs, such as pasta, white bread, and commercially manufactured pastries.
- Sugary drinks, such as soda and energy drinks
- Meats that have been processed, such as sausages and hotdogs
- An abundance of red meats like steaks, hamburgers, and pork
- Coffee, Tea etc
Studies have shown that up to 10% of women have PCOS, which is a hormonal condition. Diet changes are one of the methods of treating PCOS. According to a study in the journal Nutrients, exercising more and eating fewer calories may assist with PCOS symptoms.
Our millet grains are 100% all-natural, hardy & resistant varieties that are cultivated using traditional methods! Used for both Human and Livestock consumption, Millets are magical superfoods that are yet to receive their due. Rich in proteins, carbs, fiber, vitamins and minerals, these are small grains that pack in a punch! Try them out today and check them out for yourself!
Order your millets today here!
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.
At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to the products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce
To know more about us read here