Discover 7 Amazing Health benefits of Mapillai Samba Rice aka Bridegroom Rice
Mapillai Samba rice/Bridegroom rice/Energy rice is one of the native varieties cultivated in South India especially in Tamil Nadu. The rice is grown from August to January, particularly referred to as the samba season. No pesticides are needed for this rice’s cultivation. The grain is hardy and nutritious. Apart from providing health benefits it also provides environmental benefits like increasing fertility and water retention capacity of the soil.
It is known as Bridegroom rice because the groom is expected to prove his prowess and his virility by lifting a heavy rock. To build stamina and strength grooms are fed with mapillai samba rice before the said event of rock lifting
Mapillai samba rice is replete with amazing nutrients and medicinal properties. Read on to know more!
We are listing below the 7 amazing health benefits of Mapillai Samba rice
- High Fiber content: This rice has naturally high fiber content which helps eases digestion and clears up the gut. It also helps prevent gastrointestinal issues like constipation, diarrhoea and gastritis.
- Helps cure anemea: It is rich in Iron and Vitamin, which helps in the production of Red Blood Corpuscles aka RBS – the red blood cells in our body are an essential to our respiratory and circulatory functions. Iron contributes to the production of myoglobin and hemoglobin. Myoglobin and hemoglobin deliver oxygen to muscles and tissues keeping body high in energy level
- Strenth & Stamina: This rice is aptly called “Energy Rice”! Due to high amounts of Manganese present in this rice, it instantly produces energy for the body. It also builds and strengthens muscles in the body
- Builds Immunity: Additionally, Maplillai Samba rice is a huge source of Zinc. This helps to accelerate wound healing and maintain the body’s defence mechanisms to function effectively. Iron and Zinc together contribute to the haemoglobin content in the body and strengthen all the blood vessels as well
- Diabetes control: This indigenous rice is rich in magnesium and vitamin B6. Magnesium in our body helps to maintain a steady heart rate, adjust blood glucose levels and supports immune system.
- Slows down ageing: This native rice is high in several antioxidants. These antioxidants protect our cells and tissues from damage and thus help to slow down ageing
- Reduces Cholesterol: Pro-anthocyanins in this rice help to reduce cholesterol and hyper glycemia. Plaque build-up clogs the arteries and leads to problems like stroke, coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease, kidney problems. Consuming Mapillai samba rice regularly has proven to reduce atherosclerotic plaque build-up
Mapillai Samba Rice - Let’Live Products
Let’sLive procures Mapillai Samba rice from its farmers directly. The produce is carefully stored after harvest and sent to our customers after the due testing. No preservatives are used in our storage. As and when orders are received, the product is cleaned and sent to the customers directly. Our technically qualified team coaches and transfers advanced technology to our farmers to better utilize resources and save the environment from unnecessary wastages.