Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient that helps the body to produce healthy red blood cells and maintain a healthy nervous system. It is also known as cobalamin and it is found in animal products such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, and fortified foods.
Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, as well as in the formation of DNA and RNA. Its deficiency can lead to serious health problems such as anemia, nerve damage, fatigue, depression, memory loss, and even dementia. This article will provide you with information about what exactly vitamin B12 is and its various benefits for your overall health.
Why Vitamin B12 is Essential and Its Role in Your Health
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient for your health. It helps to keep your body functioning properly by supporting the production of red blood cells, maintaining healthy nerve cells, and aiding in the metabolism of proteins and fats. Without enough Vitamin B12, you may experience fatigue, poor memory, depression, and even nerve damage. Therefore, it’s important to ensure that you get enough Vitamin B12 in your diet or through supplements. Here we will discuss why Vitamin B12 is essential for your health and its role in keeping you healthy.
Vegetarian Sources of Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is most commonly found in animal products, which can make it difficult for vegetarians and vegans to get enough of it in their diets. Fortunately, there are several vegetarian sources of Vitamin B12, so those following a plant-based diet can still get enough of this important nutrient. In this article, we will explore the different ways to get enough Vitamin B12 without consuming animal products.
7 Ways to Get Enough Vitamin B12 Without Eating Animal products
- Fortified Foods: Some cereals, such as animal crackers, fortified cereal bars and breakfast cereal, are fortified with Vitamin B12. It is also found in fortified soy milk ,and nutritional yeast
They can be helpful in ensuring that you get enough of this nutrient on a daily basis. Be sure to check the labels to see if there is an asterisk after the “Vitamin B12” label listing which indicates that it is added during processing or was derived from animal products such as meat. A wide variety of fortified whole-grain cereals ranging from 100% to 1% are available: Corn Flakes, Complete O's Cereal, Kashi GoLean Cereal, Honey Nut Cheerios and Cheerios (original). , and All-Bran Original. The best sources of Vitamin B12 are fortified cereals that contain at least 1% of the daily recommended value per serving.
- Fortified Cereal Bars: Some cereal bars like Larabar (which contain no animal product) are high in Vitamin B12.
- Vegetables: Many vegetables, especially those that have a higher water content such as lettuce and celery, contain significant amounts of Vitamin B12
- Dairy Products: Milk, Cheese, Panneer & Yogurt are a wonderful source of B12
- Shiitake Mushroom: Though not very rich this mushroom does have traces of B12. Eaten along with dairy, you can get enough of B12 from this mushroom
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin that plays a critical role in our health and wellbeing. It helps to keep our nerves and blood cells healthy, and it can also help to improve energy levels. Though available mostly in meat products, B12 can be sufficiently available in vegetarian sources also.
All our products are all-natural and non-GMO. To try our products, order them here
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.
At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce
To know more about us read here