All of us women enjoy having flawless skin. A well-hydrated glowing skin is an asset and is an indicator of overall health too. The best skincare routine for active women varies according to skin type. Some people will be able to use the same product for their day and night routines, whereas others may need to change up their products depending on what time of day it is.
For a regular skincare daytime routine, an active woman should choose a product that is water-resistant and suitable for a sweaty environment.
For the nighttime routine, they should use something with a moisturizer and sunscreen in it.
Best skincare routine
- Wash your face: This is the easiest, most important yet overlooked part of maintaining skin hygiene. Use an organic face wash that suits your skin to wash your face after waking up and before going to bed. Also, do not forget to wash your face before and after going for a workout. Once you get home after being exposed to dirt and pollution, then you should wash your face immediately. If you don’t go out or do not work out on some days, even then wash your face twice, once after waking up and once before sleeping.
- Use a mist to soothe skin: Another simple yet powerful way to keep your skin healthy. Our skin feels hot after an intense workout or after coming back from a hot summer day. Using a refreshing mist post-cleansing that has refreshing ingredients like rose water will soothe your skin. Do it before applying moisturizer.
- Hydrate yourself and your skin: Our skin gets dehydrated after an intense workout. Apply moisturizer to hydrate your skin but at the same time do not forget to hydrate yourself. Keep sipping water. This will ensure your skin and muscles remain in good condition.
Three Main Skincare Routine Steps
The three main steps of a skincare routine are cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
- Cleansing is the process of removing dirt and bacteria from the skin
- Toning is the process of balancing the pH level of your skin.
- Moisturizing is essential because it helps to lock in moisture and restore the natural oil balance.
A good skincare routine will help you maintain healthy skin that looks vibrant, firm, and youthful. It will also help protect against environmental factors such as pollution and UV rays.
Let’s look at each of the above steps
Face cleansing should be the first step in any skincare routine, as it clears away impurities and excess oils that can clog pores and dull skin. But be gentle. “Too many people cleanse too much or too often or with a cleanser that’s too harsh, which will break down your skin’s protective barrier,” For everyday cleansing, here's how to shop for the best facial cleanser depending on your skin type:
- Oily skin: A foaming or gel cleanser will ensure adequate removal of excess dirt and oil from your skin;
- Acne-prone skin: A gentle foaming cleanser with acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or sulfur is your best bet.
- Dry skin: Look for a cream or balm formula with hydrating ingredients like ceramides, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and botanical oils.
- Sensitive skin: Try micellar water, an ultra-gentle cleanser that includes tiny particles called micelles that trap impurities and lift them away without drying your skin in the process.
Toners are a water-based skin care liquid that's applied to dry skin after face cleansing using fingers, a cotton ball, or cloth, and before using other leave-on skincare treatments like serums and moisturizers. A good toner can help make sure your skin is totally clean and gunk-free, plus give it an extra dose of active ingredients.
Here are the ingredients you'll want to look for, based on your skin type:
- If you have acne-prone skin, look for a toner with hydroxy acids, including salicylic acid and lactic acid, which increase cell turnover.
- For dry or sensitive skin, seek out a hydrating toner (or its sister, an essence) made without parching alcohol and with ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid to soothe.
- For combination skin, look for gentle exfoliants, hydration boosters, and antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E, and green tea, which can combat free radicals and prevent skin damage
- For oily skin, look for astringents, such as alcohol or witch hazel, that tighten pores.
Next comes face moisturizers, which keep your skin soft and hydrated and help strengthen its barrier. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, opt for a lighter moisturizer during the daytime, such as a lotion or gel that will soak in quickly and won’t pill under makeup. If your skin is drier, try a thicker formula, like a cream.
Here's how to pick a moisturizer formula, based on your skin type:
- Dry skin: A rich cream packed with emollients, humectants, ceramides, and occlusives is key to quenching dryness.
- Oily or acne-prone skin: Look for light lotions or gel-based formulas labeled "non-comedogenic" or "oil-free.
- Sensitive skin: Seek out formulas that are hypoallergenic and free of potential irritants, like fragrance and alcohol.
Let’sLive Raw honey comes in 4 varieties: Wild Raw Honey, Raw Farm Honey, Puttu Honey, and Nectar Honey. These varieties are 100% pure and raw procured after curating them carefully. Each batch of Raw honey is tested for its purity before listing them for sale
Shop Let’sLive Products
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.
At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced back to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce
To know more about us read here