Bamboo rice is one of those rare rices which is actually not paddy! It is not harvested like other rice varieties. It mostly grows in the wild and are seeds of a dying Bamboo shoot. Bamboo is a perennial grass that flowers once in its lifetime while bamboo shoots can be harvested after two years of planting it. Usually the lifetime of the bamboo plant is from 40 to 100yrs. When it reaches its end, the shoot blossoms and forms seeds which are harvested as Bamboo rice. The collection and selling of these seeds and bamboo shoots are an excellent economic proposition for the local tribals.
Bamboo is commonly seen in countries like India, China, Myanmar and most of the south Asian countries. In India Bamboo is abundant in North east and Western ghats esp in the Wayanad forests. Let’sLive Bamboo rice is sourced from the tribals of Wayanad forests.
First hand witness to the blossoming of Bamboo Rice and sourcing of rice from tribals. Watch the video for details.
For the uninitiated, bamboo rice comes loaded with nutrients and is a healthy alternative to rice and wheat. Read on to know more!
We are listing below the 7 reasons on why you should not miss out on this amazing Bamboo rice:
- Can prevent Diabetes: Bamboo rice has low Glycemic index which can keep you satiated longer than other foods. Foods with low GI index are recommended for diabetics
- Enhances fertility: Many studies were done which proved that Bamboo rice consumption helps with Endocrine and Metabolic dysfunctions. Tribals have traditionally used Bamboo rice for its fertility enhancing properties
- Lowers Cholesterol: Bamboo rice contains high fibre and phytosterols, a plant sterol which is similar to cholesterol in the human body. Phytosterols decrease the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) by blocking their absorption. Also, the fibre in bamboo rice helps give a feeling of fullness and lowers cholesterol.
- Regulates Blood pressure: Hormonal problems and high cholesterol are the main cause of blood pressure. Bamboo rice is effective in treating endocrine disorders due to its antioxidative activity while reducing cholesterol levels due to the presence of fibre. This may help reduce the thickening of arteries and manage blood pressure.
- Good for Dental health: A study talks about the protective effect of vitamin B6 against dental caries. Bamboo rice is abundant in vitamin B6. This essential vitamin may help protect the teeth from decay or breakdown caused by bacteria and prevent dental caries or cavities. Vitamin B6 also helps in strengthening the teeth.
- Strength & Stamina: Bamboo rice is packed with essential B vitamins, especially B6 (pyridoxine), proteins and amino acids. This B6 vitamin is needed for the production of red blood cells, functioning of nerves and cognitive development. Deficiency of vitamin B6 in both adults and children can cause anaemia, seizures, Alzheimer's and cognitive disorders. Bamboo rice consumption can help prevent these conditions and build good stamina
- Helps with Arthritis pains: Inflammation is the main cause of chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. It is a disease that affects the joints and the bones. Bamboo contains a large number of bioactive compounds such as flavonoids, alkaloids and polysaccharides which are known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities. It may help reduce the inflammatory cytokines and control joint pain, rheumatoid and back pain
Bamboo Rice - Let’sLive Products
Let’sLive procures Bamboo rice from its farmers directly. The produce is carefully stored after harvest and sent to our customers after the due testing. No preservatives are used in our storage. As and when orders are received, the product is cleaned and sent to the customers directly. Our technically qualified team coaches and transfers advanced technology to our farmers to better utilize resources and save the environment from unnecessary wastages.
Shop Bamboo Rice