Pregnancy is a very beautiful phase for any woman. For a new-to-be mother, an impending new baby with a cute little smile is what dreams are made of! The months of pregnancy is crucial since the mother is not eating just for her but also her baby. Good health of fetus is highly dependent on the diet of the mother. The nutritional content and how balanced determines the health of both the mother and the baby.
Many issues relating to pregnancy like gestational diabetes, early labor, weight gain, high blood pressure etc can be overcome or managed and regulated well with a good balanced diet. Even post pregnancy nutrition for breast feeding, weight loss etc can also be managed with a good diet. Eating unprocessed foods, whole grains, vegetables and fresh fruits can do the magic and give all the essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals needed
One of the most important diet additions pregnant women can do is to switch to whole grains especially millets. Millets are wholesome and provide most of the nutrition that pregnant women need.
Read on to know more!
Health benefits of Millets for Pregnant women:
- Rich in Vitamins & Minerals: A pregant women not only nourishes herself but the baby inside her. So the body needs more in terms of nutrients like vitamins and minerals. Millets are a rich source of the same. They contain small amounts of every vitamin needed including vitamin E and several vitamins in the B-complex: thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and pyridoxine. It is also rich in minerals like magnesium, manganese, iron and phosphorous.
- Prevents birth defects: Folic acid is a very important ingredient that pregnant women should be taking since it prevents birth defects in the fetus. Folate ensures healthy development of nerve cells. Millets are a very good source of folic acid
- Promotes digestion: Constipation is a big problem during pregnancy. Millets are naturally high in fiber and so helps digestion and relieves constipation
- Increases blood cell count & Prevents anemia: Rich in iron content, regular consumption of millets increases blood production. Pregnant women esp need good blood count since that is the source of nutrients to the growing fetus. Symptoms like fatigue etc can be preveted
- Prevents premature labor: Millets are a good source of Magnesium which helps in relaxing muscles. This will help prevent premature labor and also hypertension both of which can harm mother and the baby
- Promotes healthy fetal develoment: Millets contain essential nutrients that help boost and foster healthy development of the fetus. A millet-based diet is a good source of manganese, which helps in the formation of connective tissues like bone cartilage. It also promotes heart health by ensuring the proper functioning of your blood vessels since it prevents high cholesterol levels that lead to cardiovascular diseases. Millet’s magnesium content reduces the risk of high blood pressure and heart-related problems
- Prevents Post pregnancy issues: Millets are known for helping breast milk production. Also it can regulate mood and help those suffering from post partum stress
As you can see, there are very important benefits from millets for a pregnant women. When you purchase these wholesome grains, make sure they are from a trusted source like Let’sLive millets so you get unprocessed all natural grains! Enjoy this bounty of nature from the comfort of your home :) Place your orders here
Let’sLive is a social empowerment enterprise committed to enhancing and improving the livelihoods of tribal and farming communities. We work directly with small-scale farmers so that our customers can get access to products that are natural, pristine, and picked from the lap of nature. We encourage and provide advice for practicing ethical farming and eco-friendly methods to all those who partner with us.At Let'sLive we are passionate about bringing in 100% all-natural and healthy products directly from the farming and tribal communities to your doorstep like Pure Raw Honey, Traditional varieties of rice, etc. We want our consumers to enjoy and have direct access to the products that are pristine and picked directly from the lap of nature. The mandates by which we operate are:
* Value every life around us by encouraging ethical farming
* Leverage local knowledge and promote legacy harvesting practices with high hygienic standards
* No preservatives or artificial processing on any of our products
* Each product can be traced to its origins and the people involved in its making
* Educate consumers on the importance of consuming rich and natural local produce